D'eye'Y 3 minute eye massage
Not one to do in the middle of the busy office and although this routine can do wonders for your eyes, it's not a widely practiced technique. It's true though, our eyes are an obvious indicator of issues such as lack of sleep, dehydration, poor diet and emotional circumstances. So it’s important to try and maintain a healthy-looking eye area.
This quick, 3 minute daily routine will help rejuvenate your eyes and freshen you up in the morning or early afternoon.
1. Start by closing your eyes and using your first three fingers, lightly tap as if you would on a keyboard all the way from above your eye brows, round to your temple, under your eyelids, towards your nose and then lightly over your eyes. Repeat this circular motion for 15 seconds.
2. Using your ring finger, apply pressure 2cm above each eyebrow for 5 seconds.
3. Move down and repeat at the top of each eyebrow.
4. Now move across and add pressure between your eyebrows.
5. With very light pressure, circle the eye area 3 times from inner to outer eyebrow, underneath the eye and up the bridge of the nose, with your fingers meeting again in between the eyebrows . Do not drag the skin
6. On completion of the last circle, finish at the inner end of each eyebrow and apply pressure upwards with the ring finger.
7. Then in the same place apply pressure inwards towards the nose.
8. Applying a little more pressure, lift and slide towards the temples, sliding along and lifting the eyebrow, gently circle under the eyes three times.
9. On the last circle, stop on the outside points of each eye socket and apply light pressure.
10. With your index and middle fingers, massage between this point and the temple in a circular motion.
11. Finally swap back to your ring finger and apply light pressure to your temple.
Inspiration for this post comes from www.oskiaskincare.com